Website 908 Devices
We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
908 Devices is seeking a motivated individual with expertise and ingenuity in the field of proteomics to join the Research and Development team. This position will focus on developing and applying microfluidic CE-MS to key application areas addressed by top-down or bottom-up proteomics assays. ZipChip is an exceptionally fast high-resolution separation with tremendous opportunity in the proteomics domain, and you’ll be a key leader in our development and collaboration work in this arena. This work would be most effective out of our North Carolina (RDU) development facility, or Boston Headquarters.
908 Devices embraces bold and inventive thinking so bring your creativity, energy, and imagination. We strongly value hard-work, and attention to detail, and we foster an extremely collaborative environment, but also seek candidates able to work toward common goals with minimal supervision.
· Develop proteomics assays for a microfluidic CE-MS platform
· Participate in, and lead collaborations with external partners (academic and industrial)
· Contribute to instrument developments/modifications to facilitate proteomics assays
· Co-author conference and peer-reviewed papers highlighting developments
· Extensive knowledge of contemporary proteomics workflows, and key areas of focus in the field at large
· Experience with mass spectrometry and analytical instrumentation
· Experience with capillary scale liquid chromatography systems
· Proficient in performing and developing sample preparation protocols related to proteomics analysis, such as but not limited to enzymatic digestions, affinity purification, and solid phase extraction
· Proficient in data processing software for top-down and/or bottom-up proteomics assays
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· US citizen or permanent resident
Education and Experience:
· MS/PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in a proteomics lab
To apply for this job email your details to Chris@908devices.com