Website Agilent Technologies
We transform labs that transform the world! Join us!
Agilent’s Mass Spectrometry Division represents one of the fastest growing businesses within the company. Our MassHunter and OpenLab Suite of software products are an essential part in Agilent’s continued business success in the marketplace.
You will be part of our Software Development organization developing control software for our LC Quadrupole line of Mass Spectrometry (MS) instruments. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, innovative, and passionate about delivering elite instrument software and likes to work in a fast-paced environment. Our built-in smart software features in a distributed system have improved the customers’ workflow simplicity, stability, and efficiency. Our innovative products have won multiple awards.
As the successful candidate for this Engineering Management position located in Santa Clara, CA you will assume a key leadership role for the team in the investigation and development of new products, processes and technologies, ensuring coordination in integration of product/process design work cross-functionally and cross-site (globally) in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design and development of next-generation instrument control software products.
As the Project Manager, lead the project work following the Scrum process. This includes hosting the daily standup, planning, grooming, review, and retrospective meetings and represent in any group level program meetings.
- As the People Manager, lead a hardworking team of software engineers in running the development of software that is used for controlling instruments in a lab.
- As the People manager, engage in all personnel activities – hiring, development, mentoring and leading performance, providing feedback, writing performance evaluations etc.
Actively help solve our engineering and research challenges and achieve breakthroughs.
- Working with multi-functional teams, comprised of Product Marketing, Product Support, Learning Products, and QA, through the project initiation, design, implementation, test, and delivery.
- Working closely with internal or external outsourced development partners around the globe to integrate the various hardware and software subsystems.
- Leading the project lifecycle process and ensuring that all vital lifecycle and product elements are delivered per process and plan.
- Developing and leading the software team forward in embracing a culture of continuous improvement in capability, efficiency, and quality.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have prior experience in project and/or people management and/or as a technical lead.
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated results in leading technical teams as project manager, architect, lead, or Scrum Master, including 3+ years in leading effective multi-functional teams in the execution of processes, projects, or tactics is helpful.
- Prior experience as a first-line manager is helpful in addition to a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a geographically distributed, multi-functional team
- Experience in serving life science markets and their specific regulatory requirements (specifically GxP, 21 CFR Part 11, and medical device regulations) is desirable.
- Strong software engineering and development process background, including configuration management, Issue Management, continuous-integration and related deployment methods and tools (ClearCase, Git, Jira)
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft and/or Linux environments.
- Experience with projects having real-time, multi-threading, and user experience considerations.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of Design Patterns in real-world projects.
- Hands-on programming experience in one of the currently used object-oriented programming languages, preferably using the C#, .NET, WPF, and MVVM software technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a positive demeanor, both within and beyond the team.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and social skills.
- Background in development of Chromatography data systems.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1-262-754-5030.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.