Website BGI AMERICAS
BGI, the largest genomics center in the world, provides comprehe
San Jose Mass Spec Lab of BGI Americas is seeking an exceptional and motivated scientist with competitive compensation. The main responsibility of this position includes, but not limited, to support the SJMS Production Team 1) to turn around routine customer and research projects, 2) to maintenance and operate LC-MS instrument, 3) to assist SJMS Production Team to optimize existing pipeline and develop new products, 4) to support and collaborate with other departments when needed. A candidate with Thermo Orbitrap or Bruker TIMS-TOF experience is a MUST; A candidate with LC-MS proteomics experience is highly desired; a candidate with sample prep automation and CRO experience is a PLUS.
Location: San Jose, California
- Turn around dedicated production projects and lead research projects within re-defined TAT.
- Being able manage an instrument as instrument coordinator, whose responsibility is to 1) maintain and operate one or two LC-MS instruments; 2) repair the instrument when it’s down.
- Technical support for after-sale services.
- TechNotes generation, research projects or other types of publication.
- Training and supervising junior lab members.
- This position will be reporting to the lab manager of SJMS Production Team.
Qualifications: (Who You Are)
- Must within major within biochemistry/chemistry major or chemistry related major. Ph.D. with 0-1 year of industrial experience; M.Sc. with 2-3 years of industrial experience; B.Sc with 4-5 years of industry experience.
- Experienced with Thermo Orbitrap or Bruker TIMS-TOF is a MUST.
- Experienced with LC-MS proteomics projects is highly desired.
- Experienced in CRO environment and Automation in sample prep is a PLUS.
- In-theory understood LC-MS and hands-on experience on LC-MS system is a PLUS.
- Competent level on phyton, R or Jave programing language is a PLUS.
- Experienced with handling biofluid sample processing is a desired.
- Effective documentation and strong communication.
- Capable of working in both independent and collaborative environment.
- Computational savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office are preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.