Website Hong Kong Polytechnic University
I. Position Description:
Post-doctoral Fellow requirements:
1. Have a Ph.D. degree in any of the following areas: molecular biology/structural biology/cell biology/physiology/chemical biology/proteomics/pharmacy/bioinformatics or relevant disciplines. 2. Have at least 1 first author SCI publication (or in press). 3. Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese, and able to write manuscripts. 4. Being initiative and enthusiastic about science and research. 5. The candidates will be trained in mass spectrometry and thus such expertise is NOT a must.
Post-doctoral Fellow responsibilities:
1. Carry out innovative research, summarize and analyse research results and draft manuscripts. 2. Assist PI to guide graduate students and manage laboratory. 3. The post-doc fellows will be supported to apply for regional, national, or international funds and projects independently.
PhD students’ requirements:
1. Enthusiastic in scientific research, self-driven, and responsible.
2. IELTS/TOEFL exam result may be required for oversea candidates.
Post-doctoral Fellow: The salary package will be offered above the regular Hong Kong post-doctoral standards, and a monthly salary of HK$30,000-37,000 will be provided for qualified candidates.
PhD student: Scholarship of HK$17,400/month and conference support of HK$15,000; if under HKPFS grant, scholarship of HK$26,600/month and conference support of HK$30,000.
III. Application method:
Interested applicants should send the following application documents to: q.zhao@ polyu.edu.hk
1. curriculum vitae with full publication list and previous experience; 2. Contact information of three academic referees; 3. Transcripts. Please indicate “Postdoctoral application-name” or “Doctoral application-name” in the subject of the application email.
IV. Attachment: Introduction to the school and research group:
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is ranked 75 in the 2020 QS World University Global Ranking. Due to research development, we are looking for Post-doctoral fellows and PhD students. The research group is a member of both the Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology and the State Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery. Our team focus on the development of chemical biology and proteomics technologies to study small molecule-protein interactions, protein-protein Interactions, and protein post-translational modifications.
PI Dr. Qian Zhao’s Publications in recent years:
Science 2018 vol. 359, issue 6382, pp. 1416-1421; PNAS 2018 201707514; doi: 10.1073/pnas.1707514115
Anal Chem. 2018 90, 18, 11092-11098; JACS 2017 139(2), 680−685; Chem Sci, 2015 6(7): 4124-4130
Angew Chemie 2013 52(18):4883-4886
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology and New Drug Discovery, Equipment and platform:
Advanced mass spectrometry platforms (Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, Waters Synapt G2 Ion mobility, Agilent triple quadrupole, Bruker MALDI-TOF/TOF, Agilent Q-TOF and other mass spectrometers), biological imaging platforms (Zeiss Lightsheet Selective Plane Illumination Microscope Microscope, Nikon STORM/Super-resolution/Confocal Microscope) and other common biological facilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org