Website Institute for Vascular Signalling
At the Institute of Vascular Signalling, Center for Molecular Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Goethe University, there is an open
post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study changes in metabolism (using mass spectrometry). The position is available from 1st July 2022 for 3 years, with possibility for prolongation. The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
• Participation in a service project in the framework of a recently funded Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1531).
• Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
• Deep knowledge of targeted metabolite analyses as well as untargeted metabolomic profiling.
• Expertise in chromatography (LC and GC), mass spectrometry and the field of metabolomics.
• Talent and interest in method development.
• A well-equipped mass spectrometry lab, including UPLC, nanoLC and GC systems coupled to single and triple quadrupoles, and high-resolution mass spectrometers in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de).
• National and international networking – The Institute is part of the CardioPulmonary Institute (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (www.DZHK.de).
• A completed, very good doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience in LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS metabolomic analyses.
• Good self-organization and team working abilities.
• While German is not necessary, excellent written and spoken English is required.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Prof. Dr. Ingrid Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com