We are seeking an experienced proteomics biologist with expertise in computational proteomics to join the Proteomics group at Kymera Therapeutics. The successful candidate will support pipeline oncology and immunology projects by developing and applying proteomics-based approaches for hit validation, lead optimization, target validation, small molecule mechanism of action and clinical biomarker ID and validation. The candidate will be expected to generate high quality data and analyze and communicate the results to project team members. This position offers opportunities to work closely with various functions throughout the company. This position will be at least 60% lab based.
Kymera Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on advancing the field of targeted protein degradation (TPD), a transformative new approach to address previously intractable disease targets. Kymera’s Pegasus™ TPD platform harnesses the body’s natural protein recycling machinery to degrade disease-causing proteins, with a focus on undrugged nodes in validated pathways currently inaccessible with conventional therapeutics. Our mission is to discover, develop, and commercialize transformative therapies while leading the evolution of targeted protein degradation. Kymera’s goal is to become a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of novel medicines, with an initial focus on immune-inflammatory diseases and oncology.
In 2021, we plan to continue to grow and strengthen our organizational capabilities to deliver on the potential of inventing a new class of protein degrader medicines for patients. Kymera is rapidly advancing three programs in clinical studies this year. We are also actively advancing a broad pipeline of preclinical programs across a wide variety of diseases, both internally and in collaboration with our partners Sanofi and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
* Represent the proteomics platform while working closely with program teams towards addressing key biology and chemistry questions
* Develop and optimize sample preparation and mass spectrometry methods for deep quantitative analysis of cell and tissue total proteomes as well as post-translational modifications
* Perform maintenance, quality control and troubleshooting of instruments, including HPLCs and mass spectrometers
Establish robust nLC-MS-based data acquisition and analysis workflows
* Provide documentation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of experimental data in a clear and concise manner
* Stay up-to-date on proteomics methods and technologies
* Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to ensure high quality proteomics data is generated for the progression of drug discovery projects
* PhD in Biochemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Biology or related discipline, with 5+ years quantitative mass spectrometry-based proteomics experience, or 10+ years of industry experience in proteomics, and 2+ years of experience in an industry-based drug discovery or equivalent setting.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
* Extensive hands-on experience in proteomics is required including:
o Maintaining and troubleshooting HPLCs and mass spectrometers
o Developing methods and performing nano LC-MS/MS experiments using QE or Eclipse mass spectrometers
o Experience in multi-dimensional LC fractionation
o Demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot, analyze, and interpret proteomics data with attention to detail, to recommend and execute next steps
o High-level of proficiency in a variety of quantitative proteomics techniques -TMT, SILAC, label-free quantification approaches and peptide fragmentation methods
* Knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression in oncology, immunology or protein degradation pathways
* Independent with extensive experience in computational proteomics analysis and downstream statistical and bioinformatics analysis using software packages such as MaxQuant and Perseus to address key program questions are a must. Proficiency in statistical programming languages such as R or Python are highly desirable.
* Tissue culture experience with suspension and adherent cell lines and outstanding aseptic technique are desirable. Experience with advanced models of disease such as organoid culture are a plus.
* Experience with PTM analysis (phosphorylation and ubiquitination), protein interaction analysis, and targeted proteomics are a plus
* Extensive experience in protein isolation from complex biological samples including cells, tissue and biofluids and affinity enrichment to selectively enrich sub-proteomes and experience with automation and liquid handling systems are a plus.
Kymera Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.