Nanyang Technological University
We are currently recruiting a highly motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral research scientist in lipidomics in the team of Nanyang Assistant Professor Guan Xue Li (https://sites.google.com/site/lipidsinsystemshealthlab/). Our group is interested in understanding the roles of lipids in infections and antimicrobial resistance. It is increasingly appreciated that both host and microbial metabolism are key determinants of infection outcome as well as treatment responses. We employ an integrated systems biology approach, including development and application of next-generation lipidomics, to study the complex interaction of human host and bacteria, with the aim to identify metabolic networks which can be modulated for treatment of infections.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, as well as clinical and industry partners. This position will expose the candidate to state-of-the-art technologies for lipidomics/ metabolomics, other leading edge research facilities in LKCMedicine and NTU and access to clinical samples, including bacterial isolates from human patients.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related disciplines
- At least 4 years of experience in a research laboratory
- Experience in bioanalytical techniques (HPLC/ UPLC/ nano-LC MS/MS)
- Experience in mass spectrometry-based Omics research
- Experience in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics for large datasets analyses
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrate independence with minimal supervision
- Possesses excellent organizational and communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English
- Proven track record with publications in international peer reviewed journals
- Able to supervise students and staff and work as a team
- Able to work collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent fast-paced projects
- Develop and apply novel rapid methods for lipidomics and metabolomics for translational infectious disease research
- Data computation and analyses
- Project management
- Manuscripts preparation
- Supervision of students and staff
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please write to Assistant Professor Guan Xue Li (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter, CV, list of publications, and names and contacts of at least two references at your earliest convenience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com