Website +Pec Proteomics Research Group (+PPRG) of the Institut d’Investigació Biomèdica de Lleida (IRBLleida)
Postdoctoral Researcher for validation of BP-EVs as a next-generation compound delivery platform (PPCC-EVBRAINTARGET)
With the aim to recruit research staff for the implementation of one of the sixteen “Collaborative Projects” selected in Catalonia within the framework of the Complementary Plan for Biotechnology in Catalonia, this selection process is opened. This Complementary Plan is co-funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation and the Generalitat de Catalunya under the C17.I1 of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan (PRTR)
1.Introduction to vacant position:
The +Pec Proteomics Research Group (+PPRG) of the Institut d’Investigació Biomèdica de Lleida (IRBLleida), led by Dr. Gallart Palau and Dr. Serra, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on the optimization and validation of a new drug delivery platform based on the use of extracellular vesicles, protected by European patent, for the targeted release of drugs within the Central Nervous System (CNS).
+PPRG is a young and multidisciplinary team that includes principal investigators with extensive international research experience and predoctoral researchers with experience in the field of bioinformatics, neuroscience, and clinical proteomics. The group is specialized on the application of state-of-the-art clinical proteomics and systems biology to characterize the biogenesis and functional features of extracellular vesicles, considered as nanocarriers, biomarkers and therapeutic agents with special focus on their role(s) within the CNS.
The contract will be linked within the framework of the “Validation of BP-EVs as a next-generation compound delivery platform for targeted release within the Central Nervous System” (EVBRAINTARGET) project prioritized by the IBEC under the “Plan Complementario de Biotecnología aplicada a la Salud” (biotechnology applied to health).
This Plan Complementario is co-financed by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación and the Generalitat de Catalunya, with funds from the European Union NextGenerationEU (PRTR-C17.I1)
2.The successful candidate will develop research involving:
The successful postdoctoral researcher hired through this position will lead and actively participate in the achievement of the following tasks:
- Optimization of the loading of antipsychotic compounds in BP-EVs nanocarriers.
- Evaluation of the conditions of preservation and conservation of the loaded nanocarriers.
- In vitro and in vivo studies to evaluate the cell targeting capacity of loaded nanocarriers in the CNS and their associated drug releasing mechanisms.
- Scientific dissemination tasks (preparation and publication of scientific articles, participation in scientific conferences, conducting seminars, etc.) preferably with a moderate/high degree of independence.
- Active and creative participation in the design of experiments and the preparation of scientific projects.
The successful candidate will have the support of a predoctoral researcher to carry out the tasks described. All described tasks will be carried out at the +PPRG laboratory at IRBLleida or the University of Lleida, both institutions located in the city of Lleida, Catalonia, Spain.
3.Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in Biotechnology, Biomedicine or related fields.
- Accredited experience, through scientific publications in journals indexed by the Journal Citation Reports (preferably as leading author), in the tasks described in the offer (or most of them).
- Experience in animal experimentation (murine models).
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Experience in mass spectrometry techniques, mainly proteomics.
- Experience in omics data analysis.
- Experience in supervising predoctoral students.
- Experience independently writing scientific articles.
- Interest in progressing independently in the research career.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: Between 1st of April and the 16th of June 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time 18-month contract. Attractive salary
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Lleida.
How to apply:
Until December 22nd an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further questions regarding your application or the application process, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding a project or the Complementary Plan, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
To apply for this job please visit ibecbarcelona.eu.