Website Talus Bio
Talus Bio is an early-stage drug discovery company located in Seattle, WA that partners with pharmaceutical companies to discover and develop cutting-edge therapeutics for gene regulation.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our team in a full-time role. The scientist will work in a small team setting to develop and improve our platform for drug discovery of gene regulators. We are looking for a technology leader interested in developing and applying new proteomics technologies to solve complex biological problems who are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative, early-stage biotech environment.
- Experimental design and laboratory execution of biochemical and mass spectrometry-based assays including proteomics data processing, visualization, and biological interpretation
- Protein isolation from mammalian cells and peptide preparation for mass spectrometry
- Routine usage of Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers with HPLC separation and high-throughput quantitative proteomics methodologies
- Mass spectrometry data analysis using bioinformatics software including R and/or Python
- Conduct independent research and demonstrate scientific leadership within the project team and across departments;
- Collaborate with all the functions within the Company to advance our science
- Accurately document experiments and results in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment
Prepare and present experimental results, analysis, and plans in R&D meetings
- The successful candidate will have a PhD with 0-3 or BS/MS degree with 5-7 years of industry experience developing and analyzing quantitative mass spectrometry proteomics assays
- Familiarity with proteomics raw data processing, interpretation, and visualization
- Familiarity with Thermo instrument software (XCalibur, Tune) as well as Skyline
- Experience with LCMS method development, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of best-practices for proteomic sample handling and preparation
- Ability to deliver complex results to teams of diverse scientific backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on cross-functional projects team
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience working with Data-Independent Acquisition (DIA) proteomics data
- Familiarity with AWS cloud data processing pipelines and/or the WDL or NextFlow computational biology pipeline languages
- Familiarity with cancer biology and/or drug discovery
To apply for this job please visit talusbio.applytojob.com.