Website BGI AMERICAS
BGI, the largest genomics center in the world, provides comprehe
San Jose Mass Spec Lab of BGI Americas is seeking an exceptional and motivated laboratory scientist with competitive compensation. The main responsibility of this position includes, but not limited, to support the SJMS production team 1) to turn around routine customer and research projects, 2) to maintenance and operate LC-MS instrument, 3) to assist lab manager to build up metabolomics and lipidomics capability in SJMS lab, 4) to support other departments when needed. A candidate with metabolomics/lipidomics LC-MS experience is a MUST; a candidate with small molecule sample prep automation experience is desired; a candidate with biologics or DMPK experience is a PLUS.
Location: San Jose, California
- Turn around dedicated production projects and lead research projects within set TAT.
- Build and develop metabolomics and lipidomics products in SJMS lab with lab manager.
- To maintain and operate LC-MS instrument; being able to maintain one or more instruments at the same time; Being able to do on-call duty.
- Assist project team with after-sale services, assist marketing team for tech note generation or assist other teams when needed.
- Training and supervising junior lab members.
- This position will be reporting to the lab manager of Mass Spec Lab.
- Ph.D. /M.S. degree with biochemistry/chemistry major or related field with at least 2-4 years of industrial experience.
- Experienced with metabolomics/lipidomics LC-MS is a MUST.
- Experienced with DMPK is a PLUS.
- Experienced with Biologics Characterization is a PLUS.
- Experienced with metabolites/lipids sample prep automation is a PLUS.
- In-theory understood mass spec and hands-on experience on LC-MS is desired.
- Experienced with handling different source of samples such as cell lysate, IPed samples, tissues, or any biological fluids.
- Effective documentation and strong communication.
- Work in both independent and collaborative environment.
- Computational savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office are preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org